Monday, January 30, 2012


What is popular culture?

I believe popular culture is a type of Phenomena that is spread by various corporations that tell us what to like. This is a Fad does not last a long period, but can be repeated throughout time in society.  My favorite fad is the sleeveless Bubble jacket, it just keeps reappearing. Released sometime in the 70s and every decade it becomes popular again. I’ve never owned a sleeveless jacket myself so I’m unaware of its benefits; but apparently people enjoy buying them. One fad I do wish was over very soon is the Kim Kardashian reign. Their reality show is interesting and I understand why its so popular for many reasons that I will not list. However, they are somehow sending signals to society of what is popular. Their ways have caught eye to many women where replicas can be seen walking at the malls, driving around and at grocery stores.  This is due to the various types of Media signals of how we are told or shown how to speak, walk, dress and even eat; along with numerous things that we may possibly not be aware of because it has become a part of mainstream Society. 
     


     COOL THEN...             &         COOL NOW???



No comments:

Post a Comment